Write a letter to the future
It's pretty simple.
Write a letter. It can be as short or as long as you want. It can be to someone else or yourself. You can even include a photo.
Choose the date you want the letter to be delivered to the recipient. This could be tomorrow or in a few years—your choice!
Is it really free?
Yes. Future Postbox is completely free—it's a side hobby of The Postman who runs the site. That said, the site does cost money to run and The Postman has some lofty dreams of where it could all go:
· Imagine being able to send messages based on geography, temperature, or factors other than just time!
· Imagine sending different types of media: Videos, documents, voice messages, and more!
· Imagine having your own app and account where you can keep track of all the letters you've sent and received!
Perhaps one day, but that all costs money and The Postman is a volunteer. If you'd like to support the site visit Future Postbox's support page.
What do you write?
Whatever you like! People use Future Postbox for lots of different reasons. Some use it as a time capsule of thoughts and feelings, some use it as a way to set or track goals, some use it to say the things that are too hard to say face-to-face, and others use it as a daily journal. If you're after more inspiration, you can read letters others have written. NB: There are some limitations on explicit content (see below).
Are there any limits on content?
Future Postbox is a place of love and good vibes.
· The Postman will not tolerate any form of cyber bullying, trolling, or illegal activity.
· Future Postbox cannot host any form of pornographic imagery.
· Letters may be screened and The Postman reserves the right not to send, delete, or forward your letter to any relevant authorities.
· Anyone under the age of 18 should seek permission to use Future Postbox from their parent or guardian.
Is it automated?
Yes! As of October 2023, Future Postbox is now completely automated. In the past, The Postman manually sent every letter. This was not only tedious but resulted in some occasional issues with consistency of delivery (The Postman apologises to anyone affected). So, the service should now be a lot more reliable! Oh, you may wish to add the email address email@example.com to your safe senders to avoid messages going to spam.
What's the difference in privacy options?
· If you select "This letter can be public", your letter can be read by others via the read page. If you've made your letter public, but later change your mind, send an email to The Postman with your details and it will be removed from the public page.
· If you select "Keep this letter private", then it will only be sent to the intended recipient.
What does The Postman do with your data?
The Postman is extremely cautious with your data. Primarily, it's used to:
· Get the letter to where it needs to go.
· Provide you (extremely infrequent) updates about Future Postbox.
A glimpse at what other people have written.
November 12, 2011
Hvey Jci Cheong
Hvey Jci Cheong
Date to be sent:
November 12, 2012
Dear Me, You're now sitting in room 642.2 eating popcorn with Russian Spy and typing this out. In 12 month's time, you're already out of 642.2 and is probably busy packing up going back to somewhere called 'home sweet home'. How will you face the the transition of going back 'home' and the way people see you after 2 years abroad? If Russian Spy is still with you. Good for both of you and give yourself and him a pat on the back for all the things you've been through. If things are otherwise, give yourself a pat too and probably send him an email to say a simple hi. Cherish what have been and what will soon come. Life is all about enjoying it. Lotsa love Blueberry jciscake russian spy 12th november 2011 3pm
May 14, 2013
Date to be sent:
May 14, 2014
Brate, nikada nemoj da odustaneš od svog sna.. :D To je san o velikoj i moćnoj Srbiji, ne geografski - već ekonomski i po obrazovanju, Srbiji koja pokreće promene u svetu i koja je nosilac slobodarskog duha. Srbija koja se menja svakodnevno na bolje. To je san u kome ljudi veruju u ljude, veruju u to da ljudi mogu da se promene, mogu da odluče da budu pozitivni i da poštuju druge ljude, njihove izbore - koji ponovo ne narušavaju tuđe slobode. To je san u kome bogati ne tlače siromašne, već zajedno sa njima obeduju. U kome ne postojo povlašćeni, niti potlačeni. To je san velike Srbije